Monsoon brings back with itself the time to be romantic and adventurous. The cloudy sky, the rains, the typical scent of earth at the time of first rains of monsoon and lush greenery all around can give you a high and a very beautiful time to enjoy and get relieved from the harsh and sweaty summers. Despite the goodness of monsoon, many people get sick during the monsoon as the damp and filthy conditions give insects and pathogenic microorganisms a good scope to multiply and spread diseases like dengue, malaria, typhoid, conjunctivitis, viral fever, common cold and pneumonia and gastrointestinal disturbances like dysentery. If your immune system is weak you may instantly catch a cold after being exposed to cool breeze that often accompanies rain showers. Here are a few countermeasures to keep yourself healthy during the rainy season.
- Take your rain gear or umbrella with you always while leaving the house so that you may be able to protect yourself from sudden rainfall and prevent yourself from getting drenched.
- Keep your feet dry, in case they get wet dry to dry them off immediately and do not continue to wear wet socks or wet shoes.
- Drink hot vegetable soups, freshly brewed green tea or herbal tea to keep the body warm.
- Excersice to sweat out the symptoms of cold or flu.
- Keep antiseptic liquid handy and use them for washing off dirt or mud that usually gets splashed around.
- Use anti-fungal talc to prevent accumulation of sweat and moisture in skin folds. If prone to fungal infections, use a medicated powder such as Mycoderm-C
- Keep a check on stagnant water in and around your house especially empty flower pots and water coolers to avoid mosquito breeding.
- Avoid eating outside food during monsoon. Wash fruits and vegetables properly before consumption and increase the intake of foods rich in Vitamin C in order to boost your immune system and fight off infections.
- If your suffering from asthma or diabetes, avoid staying in any place with wet walls. It promotes the growth of fungus which can be harmful.
- Remember to take a bath after getting wet in the rain or after coming back home as it normalizes our body temperature. Add three caps of disinfectant betadine to lukewarm water to avoid skin problems.
“Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby” – Langston Hughes.
Healthy Mind + Healthy Body = Happy Life
For further health tips and exclusive fitness updates stay tuned to – The Scribble Scape
Disclaimer: All images posted are from google
Written By : Lawi Anupam ; Edited By: Aswini Ramesh
Until next time
Facebook: The Scribble Scape
Twitter: The Scribble Scape
Pinterest: The Scribble Scape
Google+: The Scribble Scape